[TxMt] Re: Emmit Plugin in 2.0-beta.11.9

George McGinley Smith george at gsgd.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 07:44:13 UTC 2016

Ah, so that's Emmet that does this, I saw it in action in Sublime but
didn't realise what was doing it.

Plugin doesn't work for me, installed fine, but stops bundles loading and
after quiting I got a warning saying it had stopped it from exiting
properly. Shame, as I'd love this functionality. Seems like it works fine
in Sublime, can we copy their implementation? Or could it be migrated to a
bundle somehow?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 at 00:39 Graham Heath <graham.p.heath at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> A couple of days ago my Emmet Plugin stopped working.
> This might not seem like a big deal, but I love Emmet, and so do many of
> my web-dev cohorts.
> I traced the error down to explicit blacklisting of this plugin in
> TextMate.
> https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/4b19e404403c0d237578ecac583796d9c3f40a88
> https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/81d2586ffcfc9385d9bb362febda7c7ec8925557
> This blacklisting is intentional, and rational. Apparently users have had
> the plugin installed and its been crashing for years. I’m not sure if this
> is because its crashing in use, or if its because the plugin was installed,
> but doesn’t support the OS and therefore it crashes in the background
> without issue, or if there are other crashes.
> What I do know is that the plugin isn’t really being updated, its sort of
> frozen in time, but it does work if you use @pingjiang’s custom built
> binary from https://github.com/emmetio/Emmet.tmplugin/issues/10.  @pingjiang
> Had gone in and updated the plugin, I’m not exactly sure what was required
> for him to do, but it was at least partially just a recompilation on a
> newer machine (updating the release targets).
> Is there any way to know if this custom built plugin is causing crash
> reports, or is it just the original?
> Given that it takes some effort to get a working version, I totally get if
> this plugin remains blacklisted *but *I’d like to see a path to Emmet
> becoming easy to get working on TextMate sometime soon.
> What I’ve discovered so far is that the blacklisting uses "contains"
> rather than "equals" so updating the Bundle identifier to
> 'io.emmet.EmmetTextmate2' was not enough as it still contained the original
> "io.emmet.EmmetTextmate" so in my new bundle i’m using "io.emmet.EmmetTM2"
> instead. Could this be changed to equals?
> My modified plugin is available here;
> https://github.com/loadedsith/emmet-objc/releases/tag/v10.11.1
> or more directly
> https://github.com/loadedsith/emmet-objc/releases/download/v10.11.1/Emmet.tmplugin.zip
> My change;
> https://github.com/loadedsith/emmet-objc/commit/4791f1f6b5f5bc286754fed5f9b50020db9ad50a
> And the original supporting changes;
> https://github.com/pingjiang/emmet-objc/commit/d58f30ce40f2a7c07f3af0d4e4b821305e4fd11f
> Thanks,
> Graham Heath
> _______________________________________________
> textmate mailing list
> textmate at lists.macromates.com
> http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/attachments/20160715/0608f257/attachment.html>

More information about the textmate mailing list