[TxMt] Re: Problem with SQL Bundle

Sun Jan 10 23:19:18 UTC 2016

On 29 Jul 2015, at 9:03, Hooman Javidnia wrote:

> I have a local mysql database that I try to connect to from Textmate
> 2.0.
> When I define the connection setting in configuration dialog, and try
> submit to query, I get this error message:
>
> undefined method `force_encoding' for #
>
> I am on Mac OS X 10.11 and I installed the latest sql bundle from
> Github.
>
> All that I have found are about Ruby and nothing specifically about
> SQL
> bundle. Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

The mysql driver was updated ~1 year ago and the new driver seems to use
the force_encoding method which does not exist for ruby 1.8.

I simply removed the use of this instance and deployed an update:
https://github.com/textmate/sql.tmbundle/commit/6d4edbc113d3272f7c097d6b1504624289ee2bc5

Though there are two other uses of this method in the mysql driver which
may also cause problems (but I didn’t run into any when I did a quick
test).