[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 99, Issue 24

Jack Royal-Gordon jackrg at pobox.com
Mon Aug 22 02:52:45 UTC 2016

Just discovered another similar occurrence that may add some more data. It appears that when I switch GIT branches, which causes some files in my folder to be changed, TextMate is not reloading the changed files (as it did in Version 1). What I used to get in V1 was that if there were no changes pending on the file when I switched branches, TM would quietly load the new version of the file; if there were changes pending, it would ask if I want to save the current TM copy or overwrite it from the copy on disk. But it seems like it might not be doing this (or at least not doing this consistently) on V2. All this makes me think that there might be an issue with TextMate’s file system handling under OS X.

Unfortunately, I only discovered this issue today (based on GIT history I can tell that it happened three days ago), so I wasn’t able to apply any of the suggestions from your earlier email. You can be sure that I’m keeping an eye on this now.