[TxMt] Re: UI blocked while running command with “Output: Discard”

Stefan Daschek stefan at daschek.net
Sun Aug 7 09:55:26 UTC 2016

Am 07.08.16 um 11:33 schrieb Stefan Daschek:
> I think nowadays TextMate should run Ruby executables like RuboCop or
> RSpec [2] like this:
>
>  * If a binstub (e.g. `bin/rubocop`) is present, use it.
>  * Otherwise, if a Gemfile is present and contains an appropriate
> entry, run the executable via `bundle exec …`
>  * Otherwise fall back to simply running the executable, presuming it is
> somehow globally installed. (I just realized that I should add support
> for `TM_RUBOCOP` at this stage.)

Having read through https://github.com/textmate/ruby.tmbundle/pull/99 I
understand that this cery problem has been discussed there at length, too.

I think it would make sense for TextMate to provide an API for this, so
I just created
https://github.com/textmate/bundle-support.tmbundle/issues/20

Feedback welcome!

Stefan