[TxMt] Cursor position in bytes

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Aug 6 19:01:23 UTC 2016

I’m currently working on adding some new features to the D bundle. These are features like code completion, go-to-definition and similar features. These commands are using a parser tool which expects the current cursor position in bytes from the start of the source file. TextMate only provides the cursor position in the form of column and line number. This requires the commands to convert to and from cursor position in bytes to cursor position in column/line number. Is this information something that TextMate already has and can provide or, if not, provide it in a more efficient way then the conversion performed by the command?

I would also need to be able to specify the cursor position in bytes using the “mate” tool. I’ve also looked at the implementation of the Go bundle for the same commands and it has the same issue.

—
/Jacob Carlborg