[TxMt] Re: File drop

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at shh.mpg.de
Wed Aug 3 10:39:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On 03 Aug 2016, at 11:14, Ross Ahmed <rossahmed at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> When I file drop a .shp file, the cursor jumps to the line below. How can I have the cursor jump to before the <- ?

actually simple and it follows the TextMate logic. Think of Snippets.

In your case you can try the following:

echo -n "\${1:my_shape_var} <- readShapeSpatial(\"$TM_DROPPED_FILE\")"

After dragging "my_shape_var" is highlighted, change the name, and press TAB

Apply this to the other ones as well.

> Also, once I have dropped the file into TextMate, how can I make TextMate the active window (rather than the active window being Finder)?

Hmm, one option via AppleScript:

osascript -e "tell application \"TextMate\" to activate" &
echo -n "\${1:my_shape_var} <- readShapeSpatial(\"$TM_DROPPED_FILE\")"

Cheers, Hans