[TxMt] Re: Interested in helping out with TextMate development

Josh Bernitt jjbernitt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:58:31 UTC 2016

Is that in addition to hitting ⌘F? I can do ⌘E ⌘F and that uses my selection for Find. I was thinking of bypassing the manual choice entirely and always using the highlighted portion of text as the Find value. It’s how Sublime Text, Atom, and IntelliJ all work, but perhaps that’s not the best then? All those other editors are not native Mac apps, so maybe if I try to bypass the ⌘E, that will detract from the native experience and choice. I had not considered that at all. Thoughts?

--
Josh Bernitt
Sent with Airmail

On April 10, 2016 at 8:44:36 AM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko (bibiko at shh.mpg.de) wrote:

> On 10 Apr 2016, at 14:25, Josh Bernitt <jjbernitt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1) Highlighted text in the editor will auto populate the Find field when searching, rather than having to type in the text to find. I’ve personally grown accustomed to that in all the other editors I use.

I do this via pressing ⌘E (the normal Mac behaviour) [Menu > Edit > Find > Use selection for Find].

-Hans