[TxMt] Re: AppleScript and Quick Look

Wed Sep 30 15:53:28 UTC 2015

On 26 Sep 2015, at 2:57, Rob McBroom wrote:

> Whether or not AppleScript should list that UTI is irrelevant, because
> we’re unlikely to change it. But I wonder if, knowing that Apple has
> done this, TextMate could ignore AppleScript in its QL generator.

I’ll add code to next build so that TextMate detects these binary
files and uses OSAKit to decompile them before generating the preview.

I think this is the best we can do, i.e. no way to declare an exception
for AppleScript in the UTI list and no way to have the code abort the
preview and rely on the system trying “next generator”.