[TxMt] Re: Copy output produces no-break space

Wed Sep 30 09:04:10 UTC 2015

On 30 Sep 2015, at 13:41, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Ok, I see. But why are not all spaces affected

We only convert spaces when there are multiple after each other, and
don’t convert the first one.

> and why does it work when I select the text manually and copy it?

Apparently the web view will convert non-breaking spaces back to regular
spaces, don’t think it always did this.

> Can't it just convert back to regular spaces? Or you'll not know if
> the original output actually contained no-break spaces?

Right, we could convert them back, but there is a slight chance that the
output was actually non-breaking spaces (as some people do use them).

Though come to think of it, given that we only convert successive
sequences and leave the leading space untouched, a heuristic could match
/ ( )+/ and convert that into spaces, then the chance of clashing
with actual use of non-breaking spaces should be as small as we can make
it.