[TxMt] Re: Annoying inverted commas

riki riki80 at rediffmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:47:08 UTC 2015

Thanks René for your prompt kind reply.

Let me tell you how this unwanted behaviour happens for me:
(1) Open a new file which is by default 'untitled.txt'
(2) Save it by some name say 'test.tex'
(3) type 'temp' and hit tab
(4) Select 'Article.tex' template
(5) Save 'test.tex' file and close it
(6) Open 'test.tex' file and now I see lot of inverted commas in the 'test.tex' file

% !TEX TS-program = xelatex'
'%'
'% Created by Riki on 2015-09-18.'
'% Copyright (c) 2015 .'
'\documentclass{article}'
''
'\usepackage{polyglossia}'
'\usepackage{hyperref}'
''

Similar things happen when I copy content from one file and paste to another file.

Best Regards,
Riki

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:40:58 +0530 René Schwaiger  wrote
>Hi Riki,

> On 18 Sep 2015, at 9:46 ,riki  wrote:

> Sometimes when I copy and paste, or select a file from templates, I get so many pair of inverted commas in the file like given

> below

> \documentclass[aps,prl,twocolumn,floatfix,groupedaddress]{revtex4}'

> ''

> '\usepackage{amssymb}'

> '\usepackage{amsmath}'

> '\usepackage{bm}'

> '\usepackage{graphicx}'

> '\usepackage{subfigure}'

> '\usepackage{dcolumn}'

> '\usepackage[colorlinks,citecolor=red,linkcolor=blue,urlcolor=blue]{hyperref}'

> ''

> '\begin{document}'

> Is there something wrong in the setting of TextMate?

copying and pasting works fine here. Could you please provide steps to reproduce your problem?

You also mentioned that this happens when you select a template. Does this also happen when you use one of the included
templates (e.g. Article.tex)?

> Best Regards,

> Riki

Kind regards,