[TxMt] Help with typesetting a latex file

Zmail zmail at tzha.net
Tue Oct 27 00:41:37 UTC 2015

Hi:

I just installed OS X El Capitan (ver 10.11.1) on my MacBook pro.  After this installation, when I open a latex file and use command+r, I get the following error message:

----------------
Unable to run “Typeset & View (PDF)”.

This command requires ‘kpsewhich’ which wasn’t found on your system.

The following locations were searched:
 • /usr/bin
 • /bin
 • /usr/sbin
 • /sbin
 • ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/bin
 • /usr/local/bin

If ‘kpsewhich’ is installed elsewhere then you need to set PATH in Preferences → Variables to include the folder in which it can be found.

What should I do?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tao