[TxMt] Re: Indent Guides

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Oct 26 09:32:51 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-26 09:24, Igor K wrote:

> Not really, I just wonder if it's technically possible to create a
> plugin that would be able to draw those guide lines without altering
> TextMate source code.

In this case I think it would be possible.

> It's pretty clear that plugins can't do whatever they like in TextMate
> hence the question.

In theory there are a couple of tricks you could do to basically allow
you do to anything.

For the Objective-C code you could use the standard method swizzling
trick. For the C++ it's a bit more difficult. In theory you could just
swap the pointers for two C++ methods/functions to use your own
implementation. For that to work you need to make the location where the
pointer resides writable.

Not sure if there's a better way to do this.

--
/Jacob Carlborg