[TxMt] Re: TextMate::UI.menu doesn't work with Ruby 2

Sat Oct 17 00:45:35 UTC 2015

On 17 Oct 2015, at 2:34, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> On 2015-10-16 11:34, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
>> Currently all of the support libraries work with ruby 1.8.7. Not
>> tested
>> with anything else.
>
> Ok, I see. Do you see it as a problem that a command can freeze
> TextMate like this? Something that should be fixed in TextMate as
> well. A timeout or something.

If a command freezes then you should be able to press ⌃C or ⌘. to
kill it.

>> We would be very happy to receive pull requests for 2.0 “fixes”
>> as long
>> as the fixes remain compatible with ruby 1.8.7, as we can’t really
>> drop
>> support for ruby 1.8.7.
>
> I guessing it might have something to do with the thread and or dialog
> used here:

The use of OSX::PropertyList::load and to_plist should probably both
throw an exception (as this is a binary ruby extension we have for
1.8.7).

For 2.0 compatibility, it would be best to switch to a property list
extension written 100% in ruby, it must however be able to also read
binary property lists.