[TxMt] Re: crashing on launch

Wed Nov 11 04:13:15 UTC 2015

On 10 Nov 2015, at 22:13, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I’m almost certain it’s ~/Library/Application
> Support/TextMate/RecentProjects.db
>
> Can you try move back that file and see if it then crashes?

I’m afraid that isn’t it.

First, I started getting crashes again tonight and that file hadn’t
yet been recreated. Removing `Session/Info.plist` didn’t help and
neither did launching without session restore, so I gave up for a while.

I accidentally got it working by doing [some command-line Git stuff][1]
that called my $EDITOR (which is `mate_wait`), and suddenly it was able
to run.

Second, I put the file from earlier today back and TextMate launches. I
also put the files back into `Session` and still had no problems.

For what it’s worth, I got the first crash today when I had a project
open already, and then tried to open another (unrelated and outside the
project folder) file using the `mate` command.

> the part of the crash log you quoted did not specifically point to
> CoreData, though it also did not point to any TextMate code.

True, but no matter which thread crashes, the main thread always seems
to be doing the same thing when things go south.

Let me know if there’s anything else you want me to try. I don’t
have the TextMate source set up and ready to build on my system, but I
could set it up if necessary.

Thanks.

[1]:
https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/commit/3c8815ab19630e88adba6cd0279e8d2c502807bf