[TxMt] Re: Plug-in API

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Nov 1 19:33:55 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-01 18:13, Louis Abraham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is still an API to write Plug-ins for TextMate because I would like to create a Python debugger plug-in.

There has never been a proper API. The only thing that has been
supported was to actually load plug-ins, and that's it.

The way plug-ins work in TextMate is through Objective-C method
swizzling. That is, replace existing methods with your own
implementation. This is actually a lot easier now in TextMate 2 since
it's open source.

BTW, if you manage to implement a plug-in for this (or a fork) perhaps
this could be generalized to create a debugger API for other plug-ins as
well.

--
/Jacob Carlborg