[TxMt] latex.rb issue

Geoff Vallis gkvallis at gmail.com
Sat May 30 10:40:09 UTC 2015

I started using TextMate for LaTex this morning on OS X 10.10.3 and noticed some of my custom bundle commands were not working. For example, the following script that just echoes the name of the master file in a terminal window did not work:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
[[ -f "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/bash_init.sh" ]] && . "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/bash_init.sh"
TM_LATEX_MASTER=`${TM_RUBY:-ruby} <<"RUBY"
require "#{ENV['TM_SUPPORT_PATH']}/lib/escape.rb"
require "#{ENV['TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT']}/lib/latex.rb"
master = LaTeX.master(ENV['TM_LATEX_MASTER'] ||
ENV['TM_FILEPATH'])
puts master
RUBY`
cd ${TM_DIRECTORY}
/Users/gkv/scripts/term2 "echo $TM_LATEX_MASTER “

(where term2 just opens a terminal window and echoes the command). After some exploring, it seemed that texmate was not finding latex.rb in its designated directory, namely:
   /Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/
Rather, latex.rb  is in the ruby directory underneath that. When I made a symbolic link of latex.rb from ruby into the lib directory, (nearly) everything works again. The same behaviour occurred in my laptop.

This seems bizarre. What happened? Did something change with an update?

Thanks
Geoff