[TxMt] Re: subversion.tmbundle and yosemite

Umberto De Giovannini umberto.degiovannini at gmail.com
Sun May 3 15:59:20 UTC 2015

On 28 Apr 2015, at 16:55, Umberto De Giovannini wrote:

> the subversion bundle does not care about that $TM_SVN_DIFF_CMD
> variable.

What command are you using?
I am using /usr/local/bin/ksdiff from kaleidoscope but it behaves the same using filemerge (opendiff) from Xcode.

> […] any idea for a fix?
> alternatively I could try to look into is if someone could provide me
> with some basic info on how to debug the variable definitions in the
> bundles.

The bundle is written in ruby, searching for TM_SVN_DIFF_CMD I do see it
used a few places, but perhaps not by the command you expect to use it,
e.g.:
https://github.com/textmate/subversion.tmbundle/blob/master/Support/lib/subversion.rb#L132

this piece of code you are referring to seems quite correct to me. I think is not called or the variable is weird defined over there though. I haven’t established a way to debug these bundle codes though.. I would just put some print statement around line 132 but I would not know were to look of the output… is there a console in TM2 that I can use for i/o?
I just wonder how do people proceed in bundle development?  How can I establish a reasonable development/debug cycle?
cheers
Umberto