[TxMt] Re: Case-sensitive citations in LaTeX bundle

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Thu Mar 26 09:44:05 UTC 2015

Hi Gildas,

> On 26 Mar 2015, at 3:38 , Gildas Hamel <gweltaz at ucsc.edu> wrote:
>
> I have a request regarding citations based on current word or Ref-TeX style: is it possible to make them non-case sensitive?
>
> When I search by author's name, which is most of the time, I know that the first letter of the word needs to be in uppercase and so I type it that way. But if I'm searching by title words, say for a word like "apocalypse", I am not sure I should type a truncated "Apocal" or "apocal". My bib files contain titles with first letters in upper- and lowercase. It would be great to be able to do a case insensitive search.
> —Gildas

the commands

- “Label Based on Current Word / Selection…”,
- “Citation Based on Current Word / Selection…” and
- “Citation (Ref-TeX Style)”

all support regex as input. That means you can search for “Apocal” or ”apocal” by selecting the word “[Aa]pocal” before you invoke the command. You could also do a case insensitive regex search by selecting “(?i)apocal”.

Since this is not obvious, we now use a case insensitive regex search by default — see commit e62abbff [1]. You can *deactivate* this feature by setting the variable `TM_LATEX_SEARCH_CASE_SENSITIVE`. For more information please take a look at the commit message [1].

[1]: https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/commit/e62abbff

Kind regards,
  René