[TxMt] Re: Xcode like auto completion

timd.mackey timd.mackey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:03:50 UTC 2015

Jacob Carlborg wrote
> It's already possible to do. Look at the "Completions for Word..."
> bundle item in the PHP bundle.

That's not quite the same, and it also only works in HTML/PHP blocks.
Chocolat's auto-complete shows as you are typing, it doesn't require a
hotkey, and it's context aware so it will lookup functions, classes, etc in
your document. Here's a screenshot (this is what is showing after typing in
"self.", the autocomplete also offered "self" as an autocomplete option as I
was typing it): http://cl.ly/image/3N2j0T0G2O0b, and here is the info on
autocomplete from Chocolat's documentation.

I agree with Jacob, this would be a fantastic addition to Textmate, and it's
something I wish for frequently. It would definitely make me a lot more
productive.

/(Sorry for the repost, I hadn't properly subscribed to the mailing list
when I first posted this)/