[TxMt] Re: Shortcut for gutter tooltips

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Mar 5 08:29:32 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-04 09:00, Igor wrote:
> I’ve installed a Rubocop bundle that lints the code and adds flags to
> the gutter.
> If you click one of such flags you get a tooltip with a description.
> Is there a way to trigger this tooltip without using the mouse?
>
> Screenshot: https://cloudup.com/cVwiwQigyTu
> Bundle: https://github.com/fazibear/Rubocop.tmbundle

I have a fork of TextMate [1] that adds support for inline marks. It's
similar to who Xcode shows error messages and warnings in the right
margin. It also automatically run Rubocop if no changes have been made
in 500ms [2].

I plan to contribute back the inline marks when I get time to clean it
up and integrate it with the gutter tooltips. The Rubocop thing might
end up as a plugin.

[1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/textmate/commits/error_messages
[2]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UtafxGD9vEV2VRM0pYTlJrM2c/view?usp=sharing