[TxMt] Re: Block Caret for writers (not only for LaTeX)

Graham Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 23:34:59 UTC 2015

Would it be enough to increase the frequency of the blinking of the caret.
Seems to me that a frenetically blinking cursor would be more easily seen.

Though TextMate doesn't respect the following system settings, maybe it
should?

defaults write -g NSTextInsertionPointBlinkPeriodOff -float 0.1

defaults write -g NSTextInsertionPointBlinkPeriodOn -float 0.1

This comes from the following SuperUser post, which is actually about
disabling the blinking, but seemed relevant any way.

http://superuser.com/questions/466660/how-to-disable-blinking-caret-when-editing-text-in-os-x

Also some of this issue could be helped by, yet another, request for the
"highlight current line" feature.

Thanks,

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Novitzky Peter <pnovitzky at gmail.com> wrote:

> So far I coloured the vertical bar caret with a contrast colour against
> the background, but even this is not ideal. Especially if the window loses
> focus...
>
> Thanks though for the suggestions. I appreciate it a lot.
>
> Patience is the art of hoping. ;)
>
> Peter

> > On 17 Jul 2015, at 10:47, Novitzky Peter wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for your advice for using the shortcuts. However, they are not
> really what is desirable here.
> >
> > I know what you ultimately want. I don’t know if you’ll get it next
> week, or never.
> >
> > I was just offering suggestions for things you can do today.
> >
> > --
> > Rob McBroom
> > http://www.skurfer.com/

Graham P Heath