[TxMt] Re: LaTeX bundle wont stop opening TeXShop

Starx jstarx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 19:35:19 UTC 2015

>Could you please change `refresh_viewer.scpt` by adding a `display alert`

Ren,

I actually did some checking along those lines before I got your message.
I used a notification instead of a display alert, but the result is that
the "TeXShop" block of code is definitely not being executed.  Never the
less, deleting the tell block from that code will still stop TeXShop from
opening.  I noticed you had to delete the tell block and not just the code
within the tell block.  Some online searching led me to the following which
seems likely to be the root of the problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12431811/how-to-make-applescript-not-automatically-open-applications-in-tell-blocks

Apparently the script should be compiled so that Skim and TeXShop are not
both automatically opened.  I am not sure why Angelo and I seem to be the
only ones having this issue.  If the above is correct then this behavior
should happen to everyone.

-Jim