[TxMt] Re: LaTeX bundle wont stop opening TeXShop

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Tue Jan 6 21:33:24 UTC 2015

Hi Jim,

> On 06 Jan 2015, at 20:39 , Starx <jstarx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It seems I spoke too soon.  TeXShop has now started to open again when I type set and view files.  I don't know what I could have done to cause this so I'm not sure how to have you recreate this behavior.  I have noticed that it is opening the .bib file from my project.  I wonder if maybe the bibtex interface also refreshes the viewer somehow?

by bibtex interface, you refer to the command “Create Bibliography”? Normally it should not not refresh the viewer.

I guess we can try to fix this step by step if that is okay with you. Could you please change `refresh_viewer.scpt` by adding a `display alert`:

   else if viewer is "TeXShop" then
       display alert "Refresh PDF in TeXShop"
       tell application "TeXShop"

If the refresh of the viewer is really caused by `texmate` then you should now get an alert dialog every time TeXShop opens after you used “Typeset & View (PDF)” more than once. If that is the case, then maybe the viewer is set incorrectly. Please check the selected PDF viewer by pasting the following command into “Terminal”:

   defaults read com.macromates.textmate.preview latexViewer

The command should return the string `Skim`. Is this the case?

> -Jim

Kind regards,
 René