[TxMt] Re: NSTextView auto-scroll

Mon Jan 5 16:44:56 UTC 2015

On 3 Jan 2015, at 21:48, ecir hana wrote:

> […] by default, the window resize triggers NSTextView scroll
> which puts the cursor in the middle of the view. Which is what I'm
> trying
> to avoid, i.e. I want the cursor to stay where it was (if possible due
> reflow).

TextMate is not based on NSTextView, so the behavior you see in TextMate
is not an indication of what NSTextView can or cannot do.

If I understand your issue correct, then I think by default
NSScrollView/NSClipView will adhere to the resizing mask as to how the
document view should behave when the containing clip view is being
resized, but NSTextView could have special code being triggered on
resize, though it probably wouldn’t, unless it actually scrolls the
caret into the visible area.