[TxMt] Re: Themes For "Chrome"?

Thu Feb 12 16:58:48 UTC 2015

On 12 Feb 2015, at 7:33, Robert J. Rockefeller wrote:

> Are there plans to make TextMate’s “chrome” (file pane, tabs,
> etc.) theme-able? I’d like the fonts in the file pane to be smaller
> and the background to be darker.

If the font in the file browser is made smaller then the icons need to
be smaller as well, but they are all made to look good at 16 points, not
lower, this includes the system’s file type icons.

I have considered a background color setting, but if you can set an
arbitrary background color then you also need to be able to set text
color, and thus selection color, and selection color in inactive state,
and then possibly the label rendering should account for this, and our
custom icons might need to account for dark background, plus the file
browser header and its action bar, etc. — and system controls (which
is used for the file browser) are not really made for having a
customized color scheme.

So while I have considered it, it’s not really something I’m keen on
adding…