[TxMt] Re: Segfault with synced directories

Mon Feb 9 08:32:42 UTC 2015

On 7 Feb 2015, at 5:05, MinRK wrote:

> I have ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate synced between two
> computers […] When I remove Library/Application
> Support/TextMate/ClipboardHistory.db*, it can start again.

I don’t think there is much I can really do here.

The file in question is a sqlite database. It works with 3 files. When
you sync, you are likely corrupting the database, since the 3 files must
presumably be synced atomically.

So the best I can do is to detect file corruption, though I don’t use
the sqlite database directly, it is being used by CoreData. I do catch
exceptions from CoreData and show them in a dialog.

I would strongly suggest that you do not sync all of TextMate’s
application support folder, as you could also get merge conflicts in
other important files, like the session restore’s info.plist or the
index of managed bundles.