[TxMt] Single selection command that returns multiple selections?

Graham P Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:23:55 UTC 2015

Hiya,

Is it possible for a bundle command to accept a single selection and return multiple selections (or just carets)?

Here’s an example (brackets indicate selection, | is a caret );

Stage 1:
	state: …class="|dark-theme"…
	action: select "dark-theme"

Stage 2:
	state: …class="[dark-theme]"…
	action: [Hypothetical caret split command]

Stage 3a:
	state: …class="[dark]-[theme]"…

  or

Stage 3b:
	state: …class="|dark-|theme"…

Then I’d press command T to switch from "dark-theme" to "theme-dark".

Im not sure what the logic would be in the bundle, my use would be served by simply returning the caret at the beginning and end of my selection (then command + w to select the word).

I’m also curious how Filter Through Command’s behavior could be reproduced in a bundle command, where the commands results are distributed to each line.

Thanks everyone!

Graham P Heath

ps: I’ve got some serious love for multiple carets ♥️♥️♥️