[TxMt] Re: exclude & include in .tm_properties

Tue Apr 28 14:26:08 UTC 2015

On 24 Apr 2015, at 20:53, dvlogic wrote:

> […] If I use "Find In Project," […] It doesn't appear the find is
> only looking at files that match the $includeInFolderSearch (or the
> inherited $include / $includeDirectories) setting.
>
> It seams the only way to exclude is via the $excludeInFolderSearch
> variable.

There is no includeInFolderSearch setting because it uses the
“matching” glob shown in the find window as what to include.

So for your project, you would need to edit this field, to only include
the folders you’re interested in searching. This setting will be
remembered “per project” (folder).

In theory you can also negate an exclude pattern to make it instead work
as an include pattern, for example if you only want to search items in
‘src’ then you can set the excludeInFolderSearch to
‘!src{/**,}’. The brace notation here is to both (not) exclude
‘src’ (the folder) and any item below the folder (‘src/**’).