[TxMt] Re: Failure running “Typeset & View (PDF)”.

Christof Janssen christof.janssen at upmc.fr
Tue Apr 14 07:33:20 UTC 2015

Dear René,

thanks for responding.

René Schwaiger wrote:
> Hi Christof,
>
>> On 14 Apr 2015, at 7:55 , Christof Janssen<christof.janssen at upmc.fr>  wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> The title says it all. I am running Textmate 2 (just reinstalled after deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Avian, ~/Library/Application Support/Textmate folders) on the latest version of Yosemite and get the above error using the Latex bundle. The message then reads :
>>
>> Command returned status code 1.
>>
>> Upon editing the command, I get
>> ---snip---
>> #!/usr/bin/env ruby18
>> # coding: utf-8
>>
>> require ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"] + "/lib/tm/process"
>> require ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"] + "/lib/tm/htmloutput"
>> require ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"] + "/lib/tm/save_current_document"
>>
>> # To enable the typesetting of unsaved documents, you must change the “Save” setting of
>> # this command to “Current File” and add the variable TM_LATEX_AUTOSAVE to TextMate's
>> # Shell Variables preferences. Be warned that your document must be encoded as UTF-8 if
>> # you excercise this option — becauseTextMate.save_current_document cannot know the file
>> # encoding you prefer.
>>
>> TextMate.save_current_document unless ENV["TM_LATEX_AUTOSAVE"].nil?
>>
>> texmate = ENV["TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT"] + "/bin/texmate.py"
>> engine_version = TextMate::Process.run(texmate, "version")
>> TextMate::HTMLOutput.show(:title =>  "Typesetting “#{ENV["TM_DISPLAYNAME"] || File.basename(ENV["TM_FILEPATH"])}”…", :sub_title =>  engine_version) do |io|
>>   TextMate::Process.run(texmate, 'latex', :interactive_input =>  false) do |line|
>>     io<<  line
>>   end
>> end
>> ::Process.exit($?.exitstatus || 0) # exitstatus is nil if our process is prematurely terminated (SIGINT)
>> -- snip --
>>
>> Unfortunately, I am not very good with shell commands.
>>
>> Can anyone offer help ?
>
> thank you for the bug report. Can you please provide a (minimal) non working tex file/project?
Here is the minimal example, which runs under Texshop, but not using
Textmate.

--snip
\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

test

\end{document}
snip--

> It would also be super helpful if you could send a more detailed version of the error message. You can do that by enabling the checkbox “Verbose TeX output” inside “Bundles→LaTeX→Preferences…” before you invoke “Typeset&  View (PDF)”.

Sorry, can't do that. Trying to set “Bundles→LaTeX→Preferences…”gives me
another error:

Failure running “Preferences…”.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "~/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/configure.py",
line 16, in <module>
command = ('"$DIALOG" -mp "" -d \'{}\' '.format(prefs.defaults()) +
File "~/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/tmprefs.py",
line 100, in defaults
for preference in sorted(self.default_values)]
ValueError: zero length field name in format

>> Christof
>
> Kind regards,
>    René
Christof