[TxMt] Re: Bug in enclose selection with multi-key characters using US-International keyboard layout

dipnlik dipnlik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:39:43 UTC 2014

> On 18 Sep 2014, at 10:46, Etienne Samson wrote:
>
>>> I have both the ISO and ANSI US/international keyboard, and I can type
>>> all of the following quotes without using dead keys: ‘…’, “…”, "…", '…', and
>>> `…`.
>>

>> I can confirm that this also happens with the standard French layout with
>> the ` backtick, the selected text just disappear. As the OP says, not a
>> really harmful, significant bug, I just want to confirm that there's an
>> issue.
>

> Well, I can certainly reproduce it. What I didn’t understand is how the OP
> couldn’t type the above quotes on a US keyboard without using dead keys.

  I use the US-International keyboard layout too.
  To type ', I usually press ' then space, but I just accidentally
discovered I can press ctrl ' for that.  If I select text then try
quoting it via ' then space, I trigger the reported bug, but not when
using ctrl '.  So, OP can consider using ctrl ' for quoting as a
workaround.  Also helpful: Toggle Single / Double String Quotes from
the Source bundle, and Toggle Quote Style from the Ruby bundle (both
accessible via ctrl cmd T).
  To type ", I press shift ' then space.  I don't know how to type
this character any other way to act as a workaround for quoting
selected text.  Also, I don't know how to type ‘, ’, “ or ”, it would
be nice to learn how to do that.

--
:: dip