[TxMt] Re: Yosemite view effects

Tue Sep 16 13:28:33 UTC 2014

On 16 Sep 2014, at 15:00, Caio Fernando Bertoldi Paes de Andrade wrote:

>> On 16 of Sep, 2014, at 09:55, Igor K <me at igorkozlov.me> wrote:
>>
>> […] I understand that I probably rush things up a bit, but are
>> there any plans to support those in near future?

No plans to support them in near future.

Adding support for this would be cumbersome without dropping backwards
compatibility and I am not sure where you even want us to add these
views.

> On a side note, the tabs on Yosemite look odd, it would be great if
> TextMate could use the default system tabs construction there.

There are no “default system tabs construction”.

I’ll probably revise a few things for Yosemite (UI-wise) but I’m
leaning toward first dropping backwards compatibility, as I think
getting the proper look is not easily done in a backwards compatibile
way.