[TxMt] Re: Dockerfile Bundle

Tue Sep 16 10:27:51 UTC 2014

On 16 Sep 2014, at 11:52, Michael Sheets wrote:

> I have already replied to Ken off-list but for others wanting to get a
> bundle added to the installer […]

It’s also worth mentioning that in 2.0 we have “project scopes”
for identifyable “projects”. The current list is hardcoded in
TextMate here:
https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Frameworks/DocumentWindow/src/DocumentController.mm#L1211

It’s a list I’ll gladly extend. The advantage is that it allow
bundle items (e.g. with key bindings) to be scoped to specific
“project types”, which is how we have all the version control
bundles share the ⌘Y key or the various build systems use ⌘B, even
though the current file type is not sufficient to figure out version
control or build system.

I believe I mentioned it before, but long-term this should also allow us
to suggest bundles to install when TextMate recognizes what the user is
working with, as they may not bother to look for a bundle for the thing
themselves.