[TxMt] Re: Symbol list sorting

Tobias Jung mylists at ct-jung.de
Sun Sep 7 13:20:22 UTC 2014

Allan Odgaard wrote (Sun, 7 Sep 2014 11:45:52 +0200):

> On 6 Sep 2014, at 17:48, Tobias Jung wrote:
>
>> in TM 1 the symbol list (on the right-hand side of the status bar) was
>> sorted alphabetically, is there some way to get this back in TM 2?
>
> Sorting the symbols is not supported in 2.0.
>
> In what sort of document types would you prefer the list sorted?

In PHP files to jump to a certain function/method.
I usually remember the name (e.g. getSingleArticle) so in TM1, I used to open the symbol list and found it quickly because of the sorting.

> And if you are unaware, using ??T opens a window that supports
> “type to filter”.

Uuuh, I have to admit that I wasn't aware of that.
I just tried it, and it certainly does the trick -- and it's even faster for me because my hands don't even have to leave the keyboard!

Thanks a lot! :-)
Kind regards,
Tobias Jung