[TxMt] Re: File status after a replace all

Sat Sep 6 08:08:46 UTC 2014

On 5 Sep 2014, at 9:55, Eduardo Francos wrote:

> I've found a document modified status issue when using "Replace all"
> with either project or folder Find in... dialogs […]

Besides the implementation issues (that I do intend to address and are
one of the remaining issues that have kept me from removing the alpha
label) there’s the user experience with the “Do you want to save?”
sheet (ignoring that dismissing changes doesn’t undo replacements done
in open documents).

Would people be OK with Replace All (after a folder search) auto-saving
changes (for non-open documents)? So it would never ask about saving and
for open documents, it would do the replacement without saving anything,
but for documents that have no open tab, it would simply operate on the
data on disk.

Ideally after clicking Replace All the button would turn into Undo
Replacements, which would give a way to revert the changes made to the
non-open files.