[TxMt] Re: Where do I update the definition of a word?

Tue Sep 2 20:23:49 UTC 2014

On 2 Sep 2014, at 13:38, Justin Catterall wrote:

>> Also, how do I install perl documentation? For me, perldoc reports
>> “no documentation” for my tests (though the command suppresses
>> that, so it’s effectively a no-op, another thing that I’d like to
>> get fixed).
>
> Documentation should be installed automatically with each module.
>
> I would do some testing but I don't know where
> "word=${TM_SELECTED_TEXT:-$TM_CURRENT_WORD}" is to test your quick
> fix.

I pushed an updated documentation¹ command with these improvements:

- If caret is on a module e.g. Pod::Html, then the entire module (with
namespace) will be looked up.
- If no word is under caret, an input dialog is shown.
- If no documentation is found, a tool tip is shown.

Your perl bundle should automatically update within the next few hours.

For future reference, you can use Bundles → Select Bundle Item…
(⌃⌘T) and do key equivalent search (⌘2) for ⌃H and you’ll find
the command responsible for documentation lookup. From this dialog you
can click “edit” (or option return) to view (and edit) the source of
the command.

¹
https://github.com/textmate/perl.tmbundle/commit/391a076fdbcdce2271da57ab3c6e503e2df90407