[TxMt] Re: Using „First Line Match” in grammars

Stefan Daschek stefan at daschek.net
Wed Oct 29 14:32:35 UTC 2014

Am 29.10.14 um 15:06 schrieb Allan Odgaard:
> On 25 Oct 2014, at 0:04, Stefan Daschek wrote:
>> “longest match wins“? (The RSpec bundle uses `_spec.rb` which seems to
>> take precedence over Ruby's `rb` even for empty files.)
>
> Yes, longest wins.

Cool, that means that we can remove the first line match setting from
the RSpec bundle entirely (because `_spec.rb` will catch all RSpec files
anyway). Simplify all the things! :-D

>> And what happens if two bundles claim the exact same extension? (Both
>> Ruby and Rails claim `rb`, and apparently the Ruby bundle “wins”.)
>
> This is undefined.

Hmm … it'd be great if Ruby files in Rails projects (only) could use the
Rails grammar. Would it be possible to use a project scope
(`attr.project.rails`) for that?