[TxMt] Re: focus changes

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Thu Oct 23 18:35:09 UTC 2014

Jenny Harrison-2 wrote
> I use TextMate primarily for its Latex bundle. My pdf viewer is Skim.
> Everything I use is up to date, including my system and TextMate 2
> revision.  Something has changed in the last two weeks which slows my work
> flow.  I normally use command-tab to switch between TM and Skim. I do this
> many times a day.  But now, each time I return to TM, my active file is no
> longer the focus.  I cannot even find it by cycling around with command-'.
> Instead, I have to go to Window in the TM menu to find it.  The file seems
> to be in a different place altogether from the rest of my files, as
> everything slides to the left to make space for it.  Furthermore, the menu
> bar becomes hidden. I do not want the menu bar to disappear.  I would like
> to return to the way things were.  It was clean and simple.
>
> -Jenny
>
> p.s. I apologize if I am not using the correct language.

Hi Jenny,

when you say that the menu bar disappears, could it be that the TextMate
window where your tex file is located somehow goes into full screen mode?
This would explain why you do not see the window when you use `⌘⇥`. You can
check this by opening `Mission Control`. If there are two windows at the top
showing “Desktop 1” and  “TextMate”, then this would indeed be the case. As
for why the window goes into full screen mode, I can only speculate at the
moment. Did you install any new Applications in the last two weeks? Did you
change any Keyboard shortcuts?

Kind regards,
  René