[TxMt] Re: wrong replace results from global find-and-replace

Wed Oct 22 11:38:12 UTC 2014

On 21 Oct 2014, at 18:37, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> Has anyone besides me noticed that if you several global
> find-and-replace operations in a row, the wrong bit of text may end up
> being replaced on the subsequent operations? Something is wrong here.
> I _think_ you can work around this by remembering to do a global save
> between operations, but I'm not sure yet.

Could it be that you do a Find All [in Folder], edit something in a
document, then go back and perform the replacement (in the document that
has been edited since the Find All)?

This is the only scenario I can think of, which would cause this. For
non-open documents TextMate uses a checksum to ensure the document
hasn’t changed since the search, but for open documents it does not
(yet) do this safety check, but I’ll try to get it added for next
build, so we can rule this out.