[TxMt] Re: just one wish: tell me when a search wraps

Sat Oct 18 09:34:03 UTC 2014

On 15 Oct 2014, at 21:24, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2014, at 11:40 AM, Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It already does this. After wrapping, it shows a 'Search Wrapped'
>> tooltip underneath the first match
> It does sometimes show that tooltip, but it is very small, and it
> definitely does NOT show it most of the time. I think the problem is
> that I am navigating by repeatedly clicking Find in the Find dialog.
> Try it that way and you'll see that there is no sort of notification
> when you wrap.

Correct, the various search action tool tips do not show when the dialog
is used since the dialog has its own status bar for these (though the
“did wrap” message is eclipsed by the “found match” message).

I want to do one of those bezel displays for other things, once we have
that, and a “wrap around” vector image, it should be simple to add a
better indicator for wrap around (and in the cards).