[TxMt] Cmd-{ and Cmd-} shortcuts in TM Latex bundle not working after upgrade to OS Mavericks

Gunnar Ólafur Hansson gunnar.hansson at ubc.ca
Fri Oct 3 06:34:32 UTC 2014

For some time I had been using the LaTeX bundle in Textmate 1.5.11 on an
old Mac running OS 10.6.8 with no problems. After migrating my whole
system to a new iMac running Mavericks (OS 10.9), all the keyboard
shortcuts that require Cmd-{ or Cmd-} for completion stopped working.
For example, when typing "frame" and Cmd-{ (in Beamer) I get an error
message like:

"/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/config_helper.rb:2:in
"
(and yes, it would just end abruptly there)

Completion with Esc or Tab works fine, for the shortcuts that use those,
as does toggling commenting with Cmd-\. But all of the ones with Cmd-}
or Cmd-{ produce an error message. Same thing happens on my new laptop,
likewise under Mavericks.

I've upgraded to TextMate 2, thinking that this might have something to
do with that Ruby thing I've been reading about. However, the problem
has not gone away, though the symptoms are slightly different. Now no
error message appears, but instead the "Cmd-{" and "Cmd-}" keystroke
combinations seem to be completely dead keys; nothing at all happens
when I press them.

Does anyone know what might be going on and how I can fix this? It's
having a pretty devastating effect on my productivity.

Thanks!

--Gunnar

Gunnar Ólafur Hansson
Associate Professor | Department of Linguistics
The University of British Columbia
2613 West Mall | Vancouver, BC  Canada V6T 1Z4
Phone 604 822 4658 | Fax 604 822 9687
gunnar.hansson at ubc.ca <mailto:gunnar.hansson at ubc.ca>
www.linguistics.ubc.ca <http://www.linguistics.ubc.ca>