[TxMt] Re: conversion of bundles for 2.0

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Nov 11 14:46:20 UTC 2014

> Thanks, the issue is that the bundle contains a titlecased “Info.plist” where TextMate 2.0 only looks for the lowercased version (“info.plist”).

Then TextMate 2.0 is wrong.

> For now you can rename the contained “Info.plist” (to be lowercase) but I’ll make TextMate ignore the case of the file starting with next build.

No, it shouldn't "ignore the case". It should look for titlecased "Info.plist" - to match what Apple looks for:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/BundleTypes/BundleTypes.html

It happens that your lowercase "info.plist" might work on some people's machines, but you cannot rely on this: a folder that contains a lowercase "info.plist" can break against Apple's expectations, and this thing will then appear as a normal folder in the Finder, not a bundle. You should not _accept_ Info.plist; you should _require_ Info.plist, just like Apple.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do