[TxMt] Re: Textmate 2 beta 3 crashing on Yosemite

Sun Nov 2 12:11:31 UTC 2014

On 31 Oct 2014, at 1:15, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> So far the best workaround I have been able to come up with is to
> recreate the WebView if the window has been closed (by a command).
>
> I did this in 2.0-beta.5.2 which is available by option-clicking Check
> Now in Preferences → Software Update.

This build got 86 downloads and I saw a total of 2 crashes from that
build, one was opening the HTML output window and the other was closing
it. I assume that this was from people who had manually closed the HTML
output window (for which I did not disable re-use).

I have now disabled re-use of HTML output windows that are closed and
pushed that as nightly build beta 5.3.

There is still the theoretical case where a user closes an output window
and then manually opens it, here we still re-use the window, so a crash
can still happen (if my thesis is correct); however, this should be rare
so it should be possible to get the thesis verified even without
including this case.