[TxMt] Re: Duplicate textmate windows of same file.

Geoff Vallis gkvallis at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:09:02 UTC 2014

I can't reliably reproduce the behavior. I tried this morning but could not.  However, when it does occur it occurs frequently. There is no version control, no git, rebate or stash. And no symbolic links.

It seems to occur when I have a project open (i.e., several latex files in the same directory) in one window, with tabs, and when I also have another project open, again with tabs. Then, sometimes (maybe 1 in 10 times), when I open a another source file using 'mate', it opens in the 'wrong' window - i.e. not in the same window that the other files in that directory are in. Then, when I click on the Skim window, it opens a duplicate version of the file in the other window. If I then close that window, and click again on skim, it again opens a duplicate, every time. That is, once I am in the situation in which it occurs, it reliably occurs again.  The behavior only seems to occur when I have two windows with tabs open, but not always then.

The behaviour also occurs on two computers. The computers are linked, in that the directories ~/Library/Application Support/Avian and ~/Library/Application Support/Textmate are synced by BitTorrent Sync (which is like Dropbox).

Geoff