[TxMt] how to turn off automatic completion of : and = ?

Bruno Degazio lifemusic at sympatico.ca
Thu May 15 13:28:03 UTC 2014

Whenever I type a ':' (colon) character Textmate automatically inserts an equals sign. At first I thought something changed in my language bundle (Forth) but this happens with any language bundle active. I've turned off the Auto-pairing option in Preferences, and I am not using any form of auto-completion (to my knowledge),  but it without remedying the problem.  Needless to say this paring of characters is a nuisance in Forth, where I frequently want to write a colon on its own, without the equal-sign.

Can anyone suggest where else I should look to turn this off?  I'm in Textmate 1.5.11

thanks in advance
- bruno

Bruno Degazio
Professor, Faculty of Arts, Animation and Design
Sheridan College
degazio at sheridancollege.ca