[TxMt] Re: Different tabs behaviour

Adam Štěpánek stepanek.adam at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:56:14 UTC 2014

OK. My last defending response :-) Yes, it depends on how you work. What you describe works well in a situation where you switch to other file to edit it and then back but I usually browse through several files before I find what I need. So it’s not just opening a file, closing the tab and back but it’s more like: opening a file, closing the tab, opening another file, closing the tab etc. And if TextMate didn’t automatically open the tab, you could just skip the closing part and you would go like: open file #1, open file #2, file #3 etc.

I could submit a pull request if I knew how to program it :-)

- Adam

On 11 May 2014, at 3:20, Adam Štěpánek wrote:

> […] that is really annoying because you have to keep thinking about
> actually closing the tabs […]

I guess that depends on how you work. I open files to edit them, with
what you suggest I would have to remember to actually “open” them
after having opened them.

And if I actually did want to only peek at a file, I would still need to
tell TextMate when I was done, so I could go back to the previous
document, “close” seems like a natural way to do that.

> […] is there something I can do about it? Is there someone specific
> I could ask?

Your best option is to submit a pull request.