[TxMt] Re: Search / Replace dialog on untitled document

Sun May 11 15:16:57 UTC 2014

On 3 May 2014, at 17:03, Carpii UK wrote:

>> I do not see issues here with folder searching causing beachball
>> […]
> Its 5 minutes plus while scanning my home dir - I usually end up
> killing TM
> so never found out when it becomes responsive again
>
> The reg exp I used was ' ([0-9]){2})'. Its probably because there are
> some
> big files in there, or perhaps its just finding so many matches.

It’s probably the latter — the search itself is threaded, but since
UI has to run on the main thread, updating the list of results will
affect perceived performance, and with thousands of results, it’ll
probably be noticable.

I searched for the same regexp in my home folder and aborted it after
~12,500 matches, it did take a few seconds (of beachball) before it
actually responded, though not anywhere near as bad as what you
experience.