[TxMt] Matlab/Octave bundle

michele caseposta mic.cipi at gmail.com
Thu May 8 19:40:41 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,
I am using TextMate 2.0-alpha.9543 on Mac Os 10.9.2

I need to use Octave, and I saw that a Matlab/Octave bundle is already installed. This bundle, however, does not seem to work. It does not recognize the open Octave session in the terminal, so I cannot send the script to it.

I noticed that the version of the bundle is actually the one developed by a certain “Matt Foster”. On the source forge page for the bundle the latest version has been updated something like 5 years ago.

I then tried to install a newer bundle, developed by a certain “Sebastian Shöps”, which seems to be more up to date.
I cloned the git repository in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles (I had to create the “Bundles” dir) but I did not see any way to use such bundle.
I tried to clone it in the /Applications/TextMate/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles” directory, but that did not work as well.

With “it did not work” I mean that I did not find any way to select to use that bundle rather than the default one.

As a side note, I tried to delete the default bundle with the command

defaults read com.macromates.textmate OakBundleManagerDeletedBundles

but that command returns:

2014-05-08 15:32:04.460 defaults[4742:507]
The domain/default pair of (com.macromates.textmate, OakBundleManagerDeletedBundles) does not exist

It seems that the support page of textmate is rather outdated.

Does anybody have any suggestion?