[TxMt] Feature Request: Break highlighting paired brackets for any user events

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sat Mar 29 15:05:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

since I'm working with larger documents it would be nice if any user event (keyDown, museDown, etc.) could cancel the while/for-loop to find the matching bracket. [maybe in selection.cc - method: find_enclosed_range]

A simple example:
- take a file 1.2 MB and 50000 lines [plain text]
- select all
- press ( to wrap the selection into ()
- locate caret right of the first (
- move caret to the left
- it takes ca. 10 secs before TM accepts the next user event

Kind regards, Hans

PS Sorry for the sent crash report caused by an error which I did while trying something out. Is there a way to avoid sending such reports after compiling TM by myself?