[TxMt] Error when running commands in text mate 2

Markus Poschke, Prof. markus.poschke at mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 10 20:48:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've just installed textmate (version 2.0-alpha.9515) on a mac running OS X Version 10.8.5.

Whenever I execute a command written in Ruby in textmate (for example, Duplicate Line, or Typeset & View in the Latex bundle), I obtain an error. The error message is

Failure running “Duplicate Line / Selection”. Duplicate Line / Selection:9:in `join': can't convert nil into String (TypeError)
	from Duplicate Line / Selection:9

in the first case and

Failure running “Typeset & View (PDF)”. Typeset & View (PDF):4: undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

in the second case. This occurs both with keyboard shortcuts and when selecting the command from a menu. Snippets and other shortcuts work.

I don't use Ruby (I use textmate mainly for Latex), so I'm a bit of a loss here. Any help would be appreciated. I searched for posts on similar problems but didn't find any.

Best,

Markus