[TxMt] Re: Disabling entire bundles doesnt persist

Sat Mar 8 12:23:25 UTC 2014

On 8 Mar 2014, at 17:51, Carpii UK wrote:

> I open the bundle editor, select a bundle (such as AppleScript), and
> then
> untick 'Enable this item'
>
> I then hit CMD-S to save, and at this point AppleScript disappears
> from the
> Bundle menu (which is what Id like to happen)

In this case, you may want to uninstall the bundle via Preferences →
Bundles.

> However, on quitting TM and relaunching, the AppleScript bundle is
> enabled
> once again.
>
> Using build build 2.0-alpha.9515
>
> Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround?

Not a known problem, and not something I can reproduce.

When you disable the item and save, TextMate should create the following
file:

     ~/Library/Application
Support/Avian/Bundles/AppleScript.tmbundle/info.plist

Does that file appear on your disk?

Additionally it updates the index, which is located at:

     ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/BundlesIndex.binary

You can check the date of that file. You can also try to quit TextMate,
remove the index, and then relaunch, that will make TM generate a new